Friday, February 4, 2011

Baked Pecan Chicken - 3 stars



3 stars for 3 reasons:
     1. We've had chicken the past 3 nights or so
     2. We both loooove pecans, but there's such thing as too much of a good thing. The taste was boring and redundant with each additional bite
     3. If it had a sauce or glaze (which of course wouldn't go along with our low carb diet) it would have been a 4 star meal

Don't get me wrong - it's good. Here's how my stars rate
0 - GROSS, don't ever make that again!
1 - edible, but not my style/not very good
2 - it's ok. I'll eat it, but whatever. slightly better than a 1
3 - good. will eat it again, but only every so often
4 - WOW that was good!
5 - OMG!!! I love! Make this again soon!

I've made a couple meals that are an easy 5 stars. Can't wait to make them again so I can share them with yall.

Here's the recipe for the Pecan Chicken:


2 1/2 ounces pecan meal or very finely ground pecans, 3/4 cup
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 egg white
2 boneless chicken breasts





Mix the pecan meal and salt on a dinner plate. In a cereal bowl, beat the egg whites with a fork until foamy. Dip the chicken in the egg white on both sides then coat them with pecan meal. Place on a foil-lined baking sheet that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Bake at 400º 15-20 minutes or until the chicken is done.


I used a bag of crushed pecans and attempted to beat them to a pulp. I didn't do as well as I thought I had but it worked. With that one bag of pecans, I was able to cover about 6 chicken thighs. OOOOH i just  thought of something. I wonder if brushing melted butter over the chicken and pecans before cooking it would make it better at all. Hmmm, something to try next time.


Happy eating!




Linking to:
Just A Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment