Monday, February 7, 2011

A Fish Dish!

Yes, to change up the flavor of chicken and ground beef, I actually cooked fish tonight. I'm not a huge fish fan (although I loooove sushi), so this was more for Tony; I could eat ground beef 2 meals a day, every day. I saw this recipe and was like Fish drenched in ranch dressing? Now that's how you eat fish. I was willing to give it a try. That's how you do it, right? Anything you don't like you just dip in ranch dressing? As a kid, that's how I ate green beans. We both gave it 3 stars because it was good, but we're not the hugest fish fans and therefore don't want to eat it very often, just as an occasional change-up. So here goes:




6 tilapia filets, thawed, about 1 1/2 pounds (*I was only able to fit 4 filets in my pan, but that's all we needed*)
1 cup prepared ranch dressing
2 ounces parmesan cheese, grated, about 3/4 cup (*I cheat by buying the 'italian six cheese blend' packages of cheese - so much cheaper*)





Spread half of the ranch dressing in the bottom of a greased 9x13" metal baking pan (*I covered the pan with foil and sprayed it with cooking spray*). Arrange the fish in a single layer over the dressing. Spread the remaining dressing evenly over the top of the fish. Sprinkle with the parmesan cheese. Bake at 425ยบ 15-20 minutes or until the fish is done (*I did 20 min*). If the top needs browning put the baking pan under the broiler for a few minutes until nice and brown. (*I broiled mine for 1 minute*)

No comments:

Post a Comment