Sunday, February 6, 2011

Low Carb Snacks

While all yall are watching the superbowl, here I am at home, watching Dora and blogging :) I'd actually rather be doing this than watching football so I'm happy. Tony is over at friends place watching game. I was thinking he would need snacks for the game, and since we're doing the low carb thing right now, I came up with 2 snacks for him. Sooo jealous that the snacks are over there and not here with me... oh well. Ham Rolls and Deviled Eggs. YUM!

First the Deviled Eggs. I used the tutorial over at deviledeggs.com to cook the eggs. I didn't prepare in advance so I didn't do everything she suggests, but i do suggest this tutorial - the eggs were cooked PERFECTLY. For the filling i just added mayo and prepared mustard. Super simple, nothing fancy. I put the prepared yolk filling in a ziploc freezer bag with a star piping tip thing to make it all fancy-likeish and sprinkled paprika. They turned out pretty darn good.

Now on to the Ham Rolls. My family makes these for New Years Eve snacks and they've always been one of my favorites. You need:

Packaged ham (rectangular shaped)
Flavored cream cheese - I used 'artichoke and spinach' and 'chive and onion'

growing up, chive and onion was always my fave but I think the artichoke and spinach is my new favorite. My family has done pineapple flavored, honey nut flavored, and I'm sure all the other flavors offered in the store.

First, dry the ham with paper towels


Then spread a layer of the cream cheese on the ham. Put as little or as much as you like.

Roll up the piece of ham. You can roll width-wise or length-wise, it doesn't matter.

And for the last thing: cut into yummy bite-size pieces!!

That's all there is to it! Fast, easy, and low carb! And oh-so-yummy. Mmmmm.



Linking to:
LambAround
Today's Creative Blog
It's a Hodge Podge Life
Fingerprints On The Fridge
Young and Crafty

2 comments:

  1. Those look great! I spent the super bowl blogging too. You know I don't even know who won... that is actually a little embarrassing:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deviled eggs are my FAVORITE! Yours look so yummy!

    Thanks for sharing in FFA!

    Hannah

    ReplyDelete