Monday, March 14, 2011

Inspiration, Garage sale, Party

The weekend before last, DeVon got invited to his first birthday party! He's really shy, so for the first 2/3 of the party, he just sat on our laps. He freaked when we tried putting him in the moon bounce with the other little kids right when we got there, but eventually (when he was the only kid in there) he wouldn't get out of it! He also enjoyed hitting the pinjata. While the birthday boy was hitting the pinjata, DeVon kept trying to go up to it (buzz lightyear) and punch it to death. All in all, it turned out to be a good experience for him. DeVon turns 3 in a couple weeks and I'm excited to see how the party turns out. It's going to be golf themed.


This past weekend, I made cookies for another one of his friends' birthday so stay tuned for that post. (It was a disaster!)

While at Target last weekend, my husband picked up a new loofa for the shower and when I walked in the bathroom last monday, I stopped in my tracks. The color was so pretty! It was so springy and inspiring I had to take a picture of it. One day I will paint something this color.


This weekend I went garage sale-ing for the the first time since I was a kid! I found a couple garage sales close to each other on craigslist and went and checked them out. I ended up with a tray, a decorative ball, 4 picture frames, lego blocks, a golf putting game, a tin can, a lap eating tray (wiggles themed), dog figurines (I couldn't tell DeVon no) and 4 Mr. Potato Heads! I think the Mr. Potato Heads were my best find and the only thing i took a picture of :)


4 bucks for all of that! That would cost around $40 new! I don't even know how to use some of the stuff. He's evolved a little since I last had one but I was glad to see the classic items still there.


No comments:

Post a Comment