Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Staying True to Texas Stereotypes




Yes, that's an armadillo. These pictures are actually from 2008. I was visiting my parents in Houston. They're always having armadillo trouble. They dig up the landscaping, creating these huge holes and ruining plants. I took these pictures because Tony is from California and didn't believe we actually caught an armadillo. To most people, they seem like fictional animals because it's something they never see. Well, I'm telling you, they're real! And this little bugger got CAUGHT! After they catch it, my dad takes it and releases it. I've read that they'll return if they're not let out more than a mile away. I wonder if it's always the same one that returns. They're...kinda cute... in a gross creature, leprosy carrying kinda way... I remember as kid, we were at the baseball fields and some lady had a pet armadillo! Some people are just crazy like that I guess. So to all you non-Texans, here's your proof that they exist :)

1 comment:

  1. OMG, I'm one of those non-Texans who has never seen an armadillo. I can't believe you caught one! I couldn't imagine having one as a pet, lol. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete