Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Sugar Cookies - Disaster!

I've never decorated cookies before so i decided to give it a try. I wanted to practice before DeVon's birthday party so I made some for his friend's birthday. Here's what I did wrong

1. I have 2 piping tips. I assumed the smaller one would be better for piping and the bigger one would be better for filling. WRONG! Next time I'll definitely switch that.

2. I thinned the icing for filling WAY TOO MUCH.

3. The thinned icing didn't taste quite right. I needed to add just a little more vanilla after thinning it.

Here's how they turned out:


After the piping. I most definitely do NOT have a steady hand. I'll have to work on that. I actually like the hearts.


After filling in. Yeah, I opted not to fill in the heart cookies once i saw how messy it was. That was a good choice.


Do you see what I mean by DISASTER!?


Oh boy. I almost don't want to make cookies for DeVon's birthday, but I guess I can try again. At least I know where I went wrong.


Linking to:
House of Hepworths
Young and Crafty

No comments:

Post a Comment