Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Salsa Chicken and a Scrapbook page

First off, I want to say thank you to may newest followers! But on another note, I'm sorry my blog isn't my biggest priority. I've been studying for the CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate). I want to be a network engineer and am trying to get through this as quickly as possible! I'm only in module 6 out of 14, but hopefully I'll be done and be able to take the test come August or September. Then maybe, maybe, I'll be able to focus on my blog. Once I get a job though, we're gonna start thinking about moving again to a bigger/nicer apartment or rental house. We'll see. Maybe if i get a home office, I'll be able to concentrate on writing blog posts! Right now, all I can hear in my head while trying to hold a train of thought is Dora or Spongebob! On that note, here's a video of my son DeVon singing and dancing with the Fresh Beat Band! Start it halfway through. Isn't he the cutest? He loves his microphone (even though grandma got mad we took it from her house) :) Oh, have you seen Sweet Sugarbelle's blog? I'm sure you have, but isn't she amazing!? She's inspired me to make cookies so this weekend I'll be making some for DeVon's friend's birthday as practice for his birthday coming up. I'm pretty excited about it.


Okay, as promised, a scrapbook page:
^credits:
Papers - A Retro Christmas from Little Dreamer Designs
Alpha by Libby Pritchett Designs
Journal Paper - Web Inspiration 1-23-11 by Katie Pertiet


And finally, a recipe. It's Queso Chicken and it was quite a while ago that I made it so I can't remember what star rating I would give it, but it's definitely a solid meal. Tastes like chicken (yum) with velveeta queso (yum). Simple as that. I paired it with broccoli.


Queso Chicken




6 boneless chicken breasts
3 teaspoons 
Seasoning for Tacos
8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup mayonnaise
10 ounce can Ro-tel tomatoes, drained (tomatoes with green chilies)





Season the chicken breasts with the taco seasoning. Grill and keep warm while preparing the queso sauce.
In a medium microwaveable bowl, mix the cheese and cream. Microwave 2 minutes on HIGH to melt the cheese; stir until well blended and creamy. Whisk in the mayonnaise until smooth then stir in the Ro-tel tomatoes. Microwave about 2 minutes on 50% power until heated through. Serve the sauce over the chicken. Garnish with sliced green onions, if desired.




Thank you for reading and stop on by this weekend to see how my cookies turn out! I don't even own a rolling pin. Guess I'll need to remedy that!


Linking to:
Somewhat Simple
LambAround
Young and Crafty

No comments:

Post a Comment